[OPLINTECH] Yahoo mail issue

welchly@oplin.org welchly at oplin.org
Mon Dec 19 11:03:20 EST 2011

We have seen this happen quite frequently lately.
We’re running XP with IE8 on our public computers
and I’m running Win7 with IE8, Firefox, and Chrome
on my own station. We have also seen an issue
where Yahoo repeatedly refuses to log in, even
though the user ID and password are correct. This
has been especially noticeable in the past month.

We haven’t been able to duplicate the situation either,
but I’ve been working with people when it happened.
It seems to go in fits and starts – will work reliably for
a while, then whammo! it doesn’t work until we reboot.

Not sure what’s going on but it is very frustrating.
We’ve had some people who couldn’t get in for a day
or two.

Lynne Welch
Herrick Memorial Library
Wellington, Ohio USA