[OPLINTECH] Windows 7 remote connection to server 2003

Josh Proffit jproffit at lickingcountylibrary.info
Wed Feb 9 10:11:16 EST 2011

I'm scratching my head on this one... Our bookmobile is using a laptop
running windows 7 along with an Epson tm-t88iv printer connected to it.
It remotes into a server here at the main library, that is running
Server 2003. The printer follows the session into the remote desktop
every time (as it should) but a few ports have to be enabled on the
printer in the remote session in order for it to print receipts. The
problem is, those port configurations aren't sticking... Every time the
log into a new session, the printer pooling has to be enabled and the
ports have to be checked all over again. When I made these
configurations on the other laptop (using XP to remote into server 2003)
the settings stayed. I thought maybe it was a security issue for the
account but, even when I remote into the server as administrator from
the laptop, configure the printer, then log out and back in again, the
settings still do not stay. If I disconnect from a session, the
configuration stays. It vanishes once you log off the session. Any
ideas?

Joshua Proffit

Head of Information Technology Services

Licking County Library