[OPLINTECH] Circulating iPads?

James Guilford James.Guilford at westlakelibrary.org
Mon Feb 28 11:24:41 EST 2011

Hi Folks,

We're considering venturing into the world of tablet computing in a very
limited way, at the moment, looking at purchasing an iPad or two for use
by patrons inside the library.

I'm familiar with Apple's iOS platform and its general use but would
like to know how libraries that are circulating iPads are coping with
their unique challenges.

Particularly I'm interested in knowing what practices help keep iPads
set up as desired by the library; how do you prevent installation of
unwanted apps, clear pictures, bookmarks and history from Safari, etc.
-- is running a full restore at a designated staff PC the best or only
way of doing this?

Advice and experiences are requested!

--
James Guilford, I.T. Manager