[OPLINTECH] GCPL: Thoughts on Acer computers

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Jan 24 11:35:48 EST 2011

I used Acer branded workstations, servers, laptops pretty much
exclusively from 1997 to 2005 for my libraries, schools. They were very
reliable, had good physical build configurations, and good lifespans. In
fact, I have several of them (Acer Veriton model 7200 and 7500) still in
service:  very slow now, but still chugging along. The most notable
exception with reliability was when several models were hit with the bad
capacitor problem (very widespread and certainly NOT exclusive to Acer,
nor Acer's fault). The only reason I stopped selling them is because I
started custom building everything and switched to using all-Intel
components. I'd certainly buy Acer (and AOpen) again.

FWIW,

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/