[OPLINTECH] GCPL: Thoughts on Acer computers

Ed Liddle eliddle at marysvillelib.org
Mon Jan 24 12:16:32 EST 2011

We have 10 Acer laptops that we use for computer classes. They have been holding up really well over the years.  We did get the extended warranty on them through Acer and I had to use it once for a stuck wireless card slider switch. After sending it out, it came back rather quickly and also included some software updates ( windows updates and I think they also updated the drivers). When it came back it was accompanied by a letter that indicated what was done to the machine. I also know of a couple of people that bought an Acer netbook and they have been having a good experience with them.

More recently I also believe Acer merged with or bought Gateway.

-Ed Liddle