[OPLINTECH] Patron use of Public computers

Stephen Cram steve at nbpubliclibrary.org
Fri Jul 8 11:29:40 EDT 2011

Jim:

We had the same issue here. What I tell Patrons is that if the software will
load they can use it. I explain we guard the PCs WIth multiple safeguards to
protect the integrity of the programming and will not disable any of that
protection.
I explain that if it requires a re-boot it will be deleted automatically (by
Deep Freeze) and I can not help them.
If it needs admin privileges myself or one of the other staff can type in
the password to allow them to load their software.
We've had a couple of disgruntled Patrons over the issuebut most understand
and don't get angry.

Steve Cram

Facilities Coordinator
North Baltimore Public Library

** This message sent using 100% recycled electrons. **