[OPLINTECH] sub-Thin Client

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Tue Jul 12 14:54:26 EDT 2011

Ran across an interesting case study (read: advertisement) in a reseller
catalog I receive. I don't usually pay much attention to the junk mail,
but I happened to thumb through this one and saw a reference to the
Staunton, Virginia public library. According to the "case study", the
library has converted to using what appears to be a sub-thin client type
of setup. The client device seems to be little more than a KVM linked
over 10/100 Ethernet to a VSphere, Citrix, or Windows RDP server. The
client device appears to consume less than 5 watts of power, so it's
considerably more energy efficient than a PC or a real thin client device.

Thought I'd pass it along. I've not looked into it too much myself, but
I'm curious, very especially if it would work with the free VMware ESXi,
which I already heavily leverage.

http://www.panologic.com

Disclaimer:  I'm not a Pano Logic reseller, know next to nothing about
them or their product, and certainly not trying to make any money by
advertising their name or product.

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/