[OPLINTECH] Please update the Data Center

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Jul 12 15:19:51 EDT 2011

We have completed uploading the data the State Library collected from libraries last winter into http://oplin.org/datacenter, the OPLIN Data Center. Any data submitted to the State Library after May 18 was not included in the update.

We have a lot of new directors in the state, so a brief explanation of the OPLIN Data Center is probably in order. OPLIN no longer asks libraries to fill out a "Connectivity Survey" each year (believing that one less survey is a good thing), but instead grabs a copy of some of the data that you submit in response to the State Library's required survey. That survey, however, does not include data about your branch connectivity and some other things, so we ask that each director (or their deputy) login to http://oplin.org/datacenter and keep that up to date. (Tip: if you record changes as they happen in the Data Center, you can use it as a reference when you fill out the State Library survey.) For more information about the data center, see http://oplin.org/public-library-data-center.

We'll be publishing some of the data in September as we update the http://oplin.org/content/ohio-public-library-connectivity-data page, so we'd appreciate it if you would check your data before then. We refer organizations asking for information about public library connectivity to this page, in an effort to keep them from asking you to fill out even more surveys.

If you are a new director, you'll need to contact http://support.oplin.org to get your password. We assign passwords only to a director's account, so they're aware when anyone is editing the library's data.

Thanks!

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director