[OPLINTECH] Microsoft Home Use Program (Office for $9.95)

Chip Kruthoffer c.kruthoffer at lanepl.org
Fri Jul 15 11:34:58 EDT 2011

This may be old news to many of you, but I just stumbled upon it today. If
you have Software Assurance on your MSFT Office licensing (which you do if
you purchase your licenses via Tech Soup, and you may if you get it
somewhere else), you are eligible to offer your staff Office for $9.95
through the Microsoft Home Use Program.

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/faq.aspx

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx?culture=en-US

You just have to go into your Volume Licensing page:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/
...and activate the benefit.

I set it up in 15 minutes today and have already had 3 staff purchases. I
use Google Apps 95% of the time, but this is still a neat benefit staff
appreciate.

Chip Kruthoffer, Systems Manager
Lane Libraries ~ http://www.lanepl.org
1396 University Blvd. (Admin. Center)