[OPLINTECH] Panologic

Chip Kruthoffer c.kruthoffer at lanepl.org
Wed Jul 13 11:00:10 EDT 2011

We looked at Pano Logic early last year and almost entered a trial, but
decided against it. At the time, Windows 7 support wasn't official, which
was a deal-breaker for us. It is an appealing solution on multiple levels,
but there isn't really any initial cost savings when you factor in the
back-end needs of the servers, redundancy, staff training, etc. Streaming
video performance was also a concern. I wouldn't even look at this without
gig switches in place.

I believe it would function with VMware ESXi, and it now supports MSFT
Hyper-V, but the vendor we were working with really pushed the more
expensive VMware stuff.

They offer a pretty inexpensive trial kit at
http://customer.panologic.com/Store

Chip Kruthoffer, Systems Manager
Lane Libraries ~ http://www.lanepl.org
1396 University Blvd. (Admin. Center)