[OPLINTECH] patron requests Gimp software on public PCs

Steve Miller millerst at oplin.org
Wed Jul 20 15:01:13 EDT 2011

We have GIMP on several of our machines; to my knowledge its hardly used.

I have to disagree about paint.NET. It's a bit easier to use than GIMP. I don't have a PhotoShop background so GIMPs learning curve is VERTICAL. *not* intuitive, in my book.

But as far as having it available - it's free, VERY powerful, VERY flexible, and definitely worth the install. (I full endorse GIMP... just can't used the damned thing to great success, myself).) Upgrades/patches are not a big deal - install it and forget it, so management is easy.

Now... training patrons on how to use it, on the other hand...

------
Steve Miller, Technology Coordinator
Ashtabula County District Library
335 West 44th Street, Ashtabula OH 44004
** Opinions are my own. If this email goes to an unintended recipient, feel free to LOLZ at ME and move on with your day. Every day is Caturday. Rates based on standard APR of prime+5. Your actual mileage may vary.