[OPLINTECH] Skype and videoconferencing policies (repost from the Feb. 15 posting on OPLINList)

Eric Maynard emaynard at holmeslib.org
Tue Mar 1 09:34:03 EST 2011

Hi Shelly,

Here at Holmes  we had a similar discussion a while ago when voice enable IM
first became popular.  I think at the time we came to the conclusion that it
would fall under the same guidelines as cell-phone usage.

I'm just thinking that you might be right in thinking that libraries might
have to re-visit this sometime in the near future (2-3 yrs?) as video phones
and tablets grab market share.

I think existing cell-phone, meeting room and general meeting policies would
all be a good places to start.

Eric Maynard
Head of Information Technology,
Holmes County District Public Library
Millersburg, OH  44654
Email [emaynard at holmeslib.org]
Phone [330.674.5972 x.224]
Fax   [330.674.1938]

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently" - Henry
Ford