[OPLINTECH] Digital Sign

Phil Shirley pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary.org
Thu May 19 09:09:28 EDT 2011

We use Powerpoint, a 42" LCD display, and a tiny computer mounted behind
the monitor and connected to the network so we can remote in using VNC;
it's a Viewsonic VOT132, which cost us about $400. Viewsonic has other
models like that which are designed to run digital signage, some with
special software for that I think.

Let me know if you'd like more details of what we do.

Phil

On 5/17/2011 4:37 PM, Ron Woods wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We are looking into getting a LCD digital sign (like those signs you see
> in the dr.’s office with the slideshow on a big screen)
>
> What are the best options out there for this?
>
> Any specific vendors you could recommend?
>
> Perhaps just using a LCD and a small computer/notebook to display
> slideshows?
>
> I was just curious how others are doing this. Any input would great.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Ron Woods
>
> Computer Services Manager
>
> St. Clairsville Public Library
>
> 740-695-2062
>
> http://www.stclibrary.org
>
> woodsro at oplin.org
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
330-928-2117, ext. 109
pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary dot org

believed to be clean.