[OPLINTECH] Text Messaging Delivery Issues

Karl Jendretzky jendreka at oplin.org
Thu May 19 13:25:54 EDT 2011

All,
	Over the past few days we've received three reports of patrons not
receiving library notice text messages sent through the OPLIN SMS
gateway. Every one of these messages show as sent with no issue in the
gateway logs. This morning I contacted our carrier (AT&T) and they
confirmed that every message that was reported missing was received by
AT&T, and forwarded on successfully.

At this point, every person reporting a missing message has been on the
Verizon network.

Currently I'm just trying to collect data to identify which carrier is
actually the culprit. If any individual reports to you not receiving a
text message, I'd appreciate an email stating their phone number,
wireless carrier, and a rough time that the message would have been sent.

--
Karl Jendretzky
Technology Manager
jendreka at oplin.org