[OPLINTECH] Windows 7, Deep Freeze and Cassie

Jim Lack J.Lack at rrpl.org
Fri Nov 18 15:55:54 EST 2011

We're running into an issue with some of our public computers and I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.  Our public computers are running Windows 7 and are locked down using Deep Freeze.  We also use Cassie as a time and print management system on these computers.  Cassie has us edit the registry so that the computers auto logon with the public profile.  We use mandatory profiles.  Occasionally, the computers will not auto logon.  Instead, they will just come up with a Ctrl, Alt, Del screen.  Rebooting the computer normally takes care of this issue 99.9% of the time.  This happens on different computer occasionally.  I've contacted Cassie support and they tell me it is a Windows issue.  Has anyone else run into this scenario?  And if so, do you know what causes this and how it can be fixed?  Please advise.

Thank You,

Jim Lack
Network Manager
Rocky River Public Library