[OPLINTECH] Android Tablets or IPad 2

Amy Wilson a.wilson at rrpl.org
Wed Nov 30 18:51:57 EST 2011

Rocky River Public Library is currently looking into options to expand internet browsing within the library thru use of mobile devices.  I wanted to see if there are any other libraries that have explored tablets for internet browsing.  Though I am familiar with what a laptop can do, I am not so familiar with tablet internet browsing.  I know the IPad cannot do flash, though there are many apps for IPad that allow for the flash-to-html5 conversion.  With Adobe recently announcing that they will not be releasing flash updates for the mobile platform, it seems that HTML5 will win this battle.  Has anyone experimented with Android Tablets for public use?  What is your opinion on IPad versus Android Tablets?  Is there a preferred tablet that uses the Android OS?  App opinions on the platforms would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Amy Wilson

Network Associate

Rocky River Public Library