[OPLINTECH] patron browser

Phil Shirley pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary.org
Thu Oct 13 11:05:50 EDT 2011

I never thought of that, but of course: Chrome updates itself
automatically, and with all those things built in then it would be
awesome to not have to update everything manually.

I guess if you had Deep Freeze or something you could use the Google
Update administrative template (link below) to push out updates for
Chrome through Active Directory during an overnight maintenance period?

http://www.google.com/support/installer/bin/answer.py?answer=146164

Phil

On 10/13/2011 10:03 AM, Kevin Jones wrote:
> I am thinking about switching from IE8 to Google Chrome on all patron
> computers.  I am tired of updating Adobe Flash, Shockwave, Reader, and
> Java.  These products are built into Chrome and it would seem that there
> would be less updating.
>
> Is anyone using Chrome for patron computers and finding it to be a more
> pleasant experience?
>
> Kevin Jones
> Network Administrator
> Coshocton Public Library
> 655 Main Street
> Coshocton, OH 43812
> Phone: 740-622-0956
> Fax: 740-622-4331
> http://www.coshoctonlibrary.org
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
330-928-2117, ext. 109
pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary dot org

believed to be clean.