[OPLINTECH] Virtualization

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Mon Oct 24 10:09:39 EDT 2011

We have used a virtual server box for years now.
Currently we have 11 OS's running on VMware ESXi 4.1 (free version)
FreeNAS, Novell 5.1, W 2003 server, W 2008 server, XP Pro, ZoneCD, IPCop, 4 openSUSE
Also have an older Evergreen and NIMA installed, just not always turned on.

At this time we have a stand-a-lone server just to handle the backup and 'talk'
to the ESXi box.

Next year we plan to add a second virtual server box to split the load and allow
for a backup server.
And a hard drive backup solution and a new backup PC.
Not that our setup is slow, it's just older.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074