[OPLINTECH] Virtualization

Joe Knueven knuevejo at oplin.org
Mon Oct 24 11:00:45 EDT 2011

We have virtualized just about every server that we can using the free version of Xen server.

We currently have loaded on it:  IPCop, 5 installs of Ubuntu server for a file server, an old web server, our intranet webserver, libki server (patron time management app) and a patron print release server.

The only thing I was hesitant about virtualizing previously was our telephone's pbx server, but I think when we upgrade to a new server in the next year or so I will move that into the virtual environment as well.

In addition to using fewer system resources, I find they are much easier to manage when they are all virtualized.

Have a good day.

Joe

Joseph Knueven
Director