[OPLINTECH] FW: vnc and win 7

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Mon Aug 27 11:08:30 EDT 2012

Roger,

    I quit using it years ago. The only advantage I could find was that you
could see what the user was doing when there was a problem. That was the
good point & the bad point. The ability to actually watch a patron (though I
have way more to do than sit & watch what a patron is doing) was considered
as too much of a possible problem. I agree. Remote desktop can do anything
that I want. I can log on as the patron or admin. I have UAC set to ask for
passwords so....that's no problem. If it was just me, I would still use
remote desktop and not VLC. Don't get me wrong VLC is a good product & I
like it. I just think that you might be better served with Remote Desktop.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

"When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you
most powerfully:

the church that belongs to God and the public library that belongs to you.

The public library is the great equalizer."

Keith Richards