[OPLINTECH] FW: vnc and win 7

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Aug 27 11:52:48 EDT 2012

I use them both pretty regularly. (TightVNC and Remote Desktop, that is.)
As Dan pointed out, VNC is good for interacting with the user...very useful
for me when doing remote support on staff computers. However, I also
actually prefer RD. Provides a better, more seamless remote experience.

However, to answer the OP's question, I'd take a look at the firewall. As a
quick test, you could simple disable the firewall entirely to
prove/disprove the theory. If you're new to Win7/Vista, the firewall is
considerably more advanced than XP. More complicated, but considerably more
flexible once you wrap your brain around it. It's more of a real firewall
versus XP's token nod.

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*