[OPLINTECH] FW: vnc and win 7

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Mon Aug 27 12:26:36 EDT 2012

As far as Win7 firewall goes, taking time to learn (or at least Google) the
command line options for the Firewall can go a long way to making it easier
to implement.

For example; using the following command allows Spiceworks to scan Windows 7
computers (I have it on Wiki on a Stick and copy & paste).

(netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group = "windows management
instrumentation (WMI)" new enable=yes

I believe your command is:

netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="remote desktop" new enable=Yes

Of course you still need to enable RDP from the remote settings in the
System panel

Dan