[OPLINTECH] Computer Replacement Schedule

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Tue Dec 4 12:55:27 EST 2012

Our un-written policy has been 'make em last', usually due to lack of money.

One thing to consider for your policy is the general PC construction.
Basically, consumer grade or enterprise grade and off the shelf or customized.
This may help determine the replacement schedule.

When we purchased PC's, we buy custom units designed for our needs to maximizes
their life.

Level 9 Networks provided the last two major purchases.

Some things they provided:
PC's optimized for speed, use, service, price, etc.
Usually a small footprint case.
Some with SSD drives, others enterprise grade hard drives.
With or without DVD's, depending on use.
LCD screens may have built in sound, depending on use.
Dual screens for certain staff PC's.

Various software installed on one staff and one patron PC then imaged to others.

Bob

Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>