[OPLINTECH] Computer Replacement Schedule

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Tue Dec 4 13:36:43 EST 2012

<snip>

Our un-written policy has been 'make em last', usually due to lack of money.
</snip>

Bob,
     I can relate. We replace a 1/3 of ours each year. As we have fewer than
60, that means buying 20.
I purchased new 19" wide flat panels and they are still going strong after 5
years but, recently
stated purchasing HP, "All-in-one" pcs. To me, they are providing a very
good bang for the buck.
Not only are they quick, they have the latest hardware & specs. On top of
that, they have freed up
a lot of under desk & desktop space. I like not having to crawl under a desk
to open a case.
I have had to replace a single fan in 3 years. It was interesting the first
time I opened an All in one but,
no big deal.

Dan Will,
Technology Supervisor

logo

 <mailto:willda at oplin.org> willda at oplin.org

740.992.5813

740.992.6140 (fax)

"When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you
most powerfully:

the church that belongs to God and the public library that belongs to you.

The public library is the great equalizer."

Keith Richards