[OPLINTECH] Cisco Router Question

Melinda Holmes holmesme at oplin.org
Mon Dec 17 17:20:04 EST 2012

Put in new DNS servers and need to update the startup config file for the Cisco Router that subnets our network to include the new DNS IP addresses.  My thought is to copy the startup config file, edit it and TFTP it back onto the router.  Problem is, I have never done this before.  So, I am looking for any caveats, tips, suggestions, etc. from those experienced at this.  I also am open to suggestions for a good, easy-to-use, free TFTP product to use.

Thanks,
Mindy Holmes
Mason Public Library