[OPLINTECH] ADP paystub fails to appear

Nathan Eady oplintech at galionlibrary.net
Wed Dec 19 14:55:12 EST 2012

Daniel Nixon <nixonrd at oplin.org> writes:

> ADP payroll stub PDFs not appearing on our public patron workstations
> Anyone with same/similar issue?

Oh, man, don't get me started on payroll stub "websites" (which in fact
are really corporate extranets, but terminology is the least of my
complaints against them).

The short version is, some payroll stub sites don't work properly (or,
in some cases, at all) with modern software, because the server-side
software that makes them work hasn't been updated since the bronze age,
before service packs and sane security settings were invented.  It's
worse than the US Department of Education's browser support stance.

I don't know anything specific about ADP, however, so I could be just
jumping to conclusions here.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library