[OPLINTECH] ADP paystub fails to appear

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Dec 17 14:11:29 EST 2012

You might consider trying to temporarily giving the patron user
administrative privileges over the workstation. Then perform the same test
as a patron would. (ie. don't turn off PCReservation, CleanSlate, or
anything else. If the ADP payroll stub PDFs work when the patron user has
administrative privileges and nothing else has changed, then there may be
some sort of rights issues going on. If the user doesn't have the rights to
write a file to a preferred location, it could cause problems. I've run
into that before, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it with Adobe Reader.
Should be a quick/easy test to perform, though and would quickly rule a
number of things out no matter what your results are:
  If granting admin privileges to the user allows the pdf to display, then
you can rule out everything else and focus on Adobe Reader and NTFS (or
registry) rights. If it still doesn't work, then you've eliminated rights
as the issue.

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*