[OPLINTECH] Pay Phones

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed Feb 29 08:03:29 EST 2012

I think this is the scenario for us.

We had a pay phone for years but with cell phones the usage kept dropping.
Finally, the telephone company said is wasn't enough revenue to justify them
keeping it in place.

It wasn't cheap,but we bought for the patron's to use.
Our cost kept rising us as the use dropped even more so finally we removed it.

Now, if a patron absolutely needs to call someone, we will dial the number on a
staff line for them to use.
That insures it is just a local call.

As cell phones are so prevalent, this has worked quite well.
We might get 1 request a week as an average.

Bob

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.