[OPLINTECH] gpo restricting changing of date for staff computers

R Young roger.young at oplin.org
Tue Jan 10 14:25:28 EST 2012

We are having a problem with some staff members changing the date on some circ machines.  I would like to use gpo to restrict changing the date, but not restrict displaying it, for circ staff.  For purposes of running Horizon, circ staff must be administrators on the computer, as I understand it, so I can't lower their privilege levels.

I have tried a few things, such as removing timedate.cpl from the control panel, but that doesn't keep them from double-clicking the clock in the taskbar and changing the date.

We are using windows server 2003.

Any suggestions?

thanks