[OPLINTECH] Lapel Microphone Static

Stephen Cram steve at nbpubliclibrary.org
Wed Jan 18 13:10:58 EST 2012

Sounds to me like the gain is set too high.  That makes the mic too "sensitive" and it will pick up every little movement.  At the church I go to I set the gain lower.  Then I work with the volume control on the mic to bring the volume level up to where I need it.
You may need to fiddle with it a bit to find a good balance.
Also, make sure the person wearing it attaches it about mid-chest high, and not right under their chin.  Make sure the top of the mic is not aimed at or touching their clothes but sticks straight up.  If a woman wears it, she should not have a long necklace on or it may bump it.

Adjusting sound is one of those jobs where your best hope is that no one notices you.   ;o)

Stephen Cram

Facilities Coordinator
North Baltimore Public Library