[OPLINTECH] windows 7 pro question

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Jan 20 08:48:26 EST 2012

We took a different approach to isolate patron PC's.

We have all patron PC's and any wireless device connected to the Blue Zone of
our IPcop firewall.
.10.4.x.x network

Staff PC's connect through the green zone  10.3.x.x network

Various servers are in the orange (DMZ) zone 10.2.x.x network

Red zone on IPcop is the internet  66.x.x.x network

This setup completely isolates patron's from the staff network.
Certain holes are poked in the firewall to allow staff print to the patron
printer, if needed.
Holes also allow TightVnc access to patron PC's.

We also use DeepFreeze to protect the patron PC's from bad things,    and from
the Patron's :-)

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.