[OPLINTECH] windows 7 pro question

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Jan 20 12:00:11 EST 2012

Ditto Bob's comments. Full isolation from the staff computers as much as
possible. If you need to have the patron computers log into a local
server, it's probably best to isolate that server from your staff
computers too and assume/treat it as a compromised server. Ideally,
you'd probably want to isolate the patron server from BOTH the patron
computers AND the staff computers. Isolating the patron server from the
patron computers helps to protect it from the pesky patrons. Isolating
it from the staff computers protects the staff computers from the
compromised patron server.

To more directly answer your question, however, you can remove the
"Network" link from the Start menu by:
1) Right-click Start button and select "Properties"
2) Click the "Start Menu" tab
3) Click the "Customize" button
4) Uncheck "Network" (and any other desired options) about midway down.

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/