[OPLINTECH] Network Slowness?

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Sep 28 08:12:27 EDT 2012

General local cache may help with various updates.
Chad (Level9 Network) configured our IPcop Firewall with Update Accelerator.

It caches updates for MS, Linux, Adobe, Apple, Symantec, Avast, Trend Micro,
etc. locally.
Currently has 5.1GB
Usually close to 50GB but I was bored last week and purged it down to what was
used in last 3 months.
We probably won't miss any windows 95, 98, etc. updates.

Takes a large load off the external network.

Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>
44 Burrer Dr.Map  <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.243961,+-82.863007>