[OPLINTECH] Upgrading computers at a branch location

Fred Miller Jr. millerfr at oplin.org
Wed Aug 21 14:56:48 EDT 2013

Good Afternoon to all my tech friends,

I'm kind of torn between ordering computers for a branch that is getting an
upgrade to their computers they have for their patrons and staff. Not sure
if I want to go to a Hp multipoint Server system with HP t200 zero thin
clients or just going with individual towers and laptops which we could put
deep freeze on them. I love the Deep Freeze program, but right now Thin
clients are not compatible with this software. Definitely going with windows
7 and not windows 8 to many incompatible third party software vendors as of
right now. Would like to get some input and suggestions from fellow IT
people and co-workers. Thanks for responding to this and look forward to
upgrading this library to a new and improved system.

Wife texts husband on a cold winter's morning: "Windows frozen, won't open."

Husband texts back:"Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."

Wife texts back 5 minutes later: "Computer really screwed up now."

Thanks again,

Fred Miller Jr

IT Manager for ACPDLS

203 S. Perry St.