[OPLINTECH] Menu Software

Bell, Ken kbell at akronlibrary.org
Wed Aug 28 10:46:24 EDT 2013

Classic shell let's you customize the start menu to access only a specific program (s)

"Mann, James H." <JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us> wrote:

Becky
I wish you well.
We just recently gave up on trying to find a product that combines CD resources with URLs.
We had moved from "everybody's menu" (which was free from OPLIN years ago) to Envisionware' s original Launch Command (which was discontinued several years ago) and was problematic on Win 7 or 64-bit computers.
So we built an internal gene web page and moved the last couple CDs to an old laptop. After that it's easy since you're just building another public computer with PWB and DeepFreeze or whatever you normally use. Since various vendors have incorporated the majority of the gene CDs on the web we see almost no requests for the half dozen CDs we still have available.
The good news is that gene patrons can now use our resources from their laptops. The bad news is that we're still hanging onto the CDs.
Know this isn't much help, but it may confirm what you're learning.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library
76 E. Market St