[OPLINTECH] Menu Software

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Wed Aug 28 15:15:14 EDT 2013

You might create a user account without admin privileges.
Clean up the desktop and what the program menu shows from the start button.

Install the needed programs with desktop Icons instead of a menu.
Add any other program icons to the desktop. Even internet website shortcuts.
Uninstall or hide things not to be used.

You could even create a special desktop picture containing instructions.

Use DeepFreeze to protect everything, possibly creating a 'Thaw Space' for
saving docs during a reboot.

We have Legacy7 installed and patrons use it with their own memory stick.
There are also some training videos from CD's for them to use.

As Jim Mann mentioned, we also use to do the CD thing, but have migrated away
(kept the CD's, 'just in case').
Earlier we had changer's with 5 CD's to a cartridge, then went to virtual cd drives.

To add to Don Yamen's info.
Here is the Virtual CD program, that enables Windows XP, Vista, and 7 to mount
ISO disk image files as virtual CD-ROM drives.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38780

I have used it and other free ones with good success.

Bob
Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>