[OPLINTECH] FWIW Image Converter

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Tue Dec 24 10:59:18 EST 2013

Dobroe utro  (Good Morning),

Yuri, one of the interpreter's on the job site during a very long 1982 USSR
installation trip, found me on Skype last week.
The trip was back when young and spry working for Toledo Scale.
Actually was a pretty neat trip, all things considered.
We even had our own KGB guy wandering around.

Anyway.
Scanned a few photos for Yuri then dug out negatives for 5 rolls of film to scan.
Did them as high res tif's, but needed to batch convert to small jpg's.

Googled and found this program, which works fairly well.
http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview.php#downloads

Converted 183 tif files from 182MB to 43 MB jpg's in just a few seconds

Possible use is in a memory project to allow high res images for archiving and
low res for web site viewing.

Bob

--
Email Signature