[OPLINTECH] What's your worst "head meets desk" moment?

Laura Solomon laura at oplin.org
Thu Jan 10 10:07:14 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm putting together an updated version of a presentation I did several years ago, called "What Your Tech Wants You to Know." It includes how to communicate technology problems to library techs and how to approach problems so that staff can do some basic troubleshooting of their own.

I'd love to be able to share some real-life stories from you all (no identifying details, please) about things you've had to deal with: you know, those moments when you drove out to a branch, only discover that the thing wasn't plugged in, or when someone called you about a broken "cupholder." :) (Is that last one an urban myth, or has that ever really happened, I wonder?) Things that were especially frustrating, and especially those that could have been avoided or solved easily by some action (or knowledge) on the part of the library staff.

I won't share your name or your library with the attendees--just the story. Feel free to share here on the list, or to email me directly at laura at oplin.org. Thanks in advance for your help!

Laura

--

Laura Solomon, MCIW, MLS
Library Services Manager , Ohio Public Library Information Network (OPLIN)