[OPLINTECH] Head Meets Desk

Ginny Bridges bridgegi at oplin.org
Thu Jan 17 18:06:01 EST 2013

Here's a good one:
I spent  considerable one-on-one time with a patron setting up a new Yahoo email account. I helped him navigate the sign up process, explaining that he needed to write down or print out  his user name and password, and showed him the basics of how to open messages, etc.. I thought he was good to go. On his next visit to the library, he sought me out because he couldn't log in to his new Yahoo account. I asked him if he had his user name and password. He said he did and showed me what he had typed in.

It was    e.g. free2rhyme at yahoo.com

which is the example for entering a Yahoo user name. He said that was what Yahoo told him his user name was, and he didn't bring the paper from when he first opened the account.
Head. Meets. Desk.

Ginny Bridges
Brown County Public Library - Sardinia
13309 Purdy Rd.