[OPLINTECH] Windows 8

Shelley Bylica bylicash at oplin.org
Tue Jun 11 10:21:46 EDT 2013

Hi Everyone.

How many of you are being proactive and learning Windows 8 right away? I had
a senior patron come in with a laptop that has a Windows 8 operating system
who was so kind as to leave a disc tutorial for that operating system so
that I could learn it so that I could teach her how to use her computer. I
really could use a tutorial that helps to quickly and readily translate
previous experience with Windows 7 and earlier to Windows 8 - this intro
disc is very *YAWN*.

Still, are you all preparing now to train others on Windows 8 just as it is
coming out, or are you planning to wait until wider adoption has been
demonstrated? This is more of a question for rural communities with slower
rates of tech adoption.

I appreciate your feedback.

Shelley B.

Shelley Bylica