[OPLINTECH] Lenovo Vs. Dell

Greg Syferd GSyferd at columbuslibrary.org
Fri Nov 1 11:40:32 EDT 2013

Tyson-

We too have been a Dell customer for some time.  Before going back to market, we decided to hire a consultant to complete an independent, unbiased assessment of the PC marketplace.

We just received the study and he too recommended we move to Lenovo.  I may be able to share some of the research findings, if you’d like to email me offline.  We’ve received several demo units, and I’ll say they feel better put together then many of the Dell’s we’ve purchased in the last 24 months (we buy the “pro” line of Dell equipment such as Latitude Laptops and OptiPlex workstations.)  In particular, we like their all-in-one units, although we worry about durability in our customer areas.  The laptops also just seem to be higher stock then the Dells.

I’ll be honest, Dell seems to have lost their way and it seems quality has suffered because of it.

Hope this helps!

Greg.