[OPLINTECH] 1. Calendar Software (Kevin Jones)

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Tue Nov 19 13:40:47 EST 2013

From: Kevin Jones <kjones at coshoctonlibrary.org>

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know what calendar software your library is using. We
currently use Library Insight to manage our events which also allows for
online registration. We would like to evaluate other calendar software, so
we are asking for your input. Please include what you like and dislike
about the calendar software you are using.

http://calendar.birchard.org

We use Google Apps. The calendar feeds the webpages (http://birchard.org/calendar/ ).

I have not integrated it with (clevnet managed) Zimbra. Sounds like we may be switching to another vendor / software for things Zimbra in the future?

In Google Apps there are resources set-up to facilitate scheduling of Meeting Rooms and vehicles. We also maintain a calendar for a mobile lab of computers.

Sharing (publicity / security) are straightfoward.

Integration with email/SMS/ etc. is good.

The cost is free.

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library