[OPLINTECH] Question about Deep Freeze Replacement

Mann, James H. JMann at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Tue Oct 8 11:36:57 EDT 2013

Fred
IMHO you should take a look at the software that works, fits into your local policies, and budget for it.
For example:

1.       PWB (Public Web Browser) for catalogs

2.       Deep Freeze for security

3.       PCReservation or Cassie for public access

4.       Anti-Virus/SPAM filter

5.       Internet Filter
This gives you a package of software which creates a safe, secure and reliable public computer. Which equates to better "public service" and public service equates to funds in your budget.
While spending money may not always seem like the best choice, it's often the most cost efficient verses creating and managing a shareware solution.
Again, just my opinion.

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator
Greene County Public Library