[OPLINTECH] TechSoup

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Thu Oct 17 10:55:53 EDT 2013

Dear Folks,

Trying to figure out a purchase request for MS Access. Admin suggests the library is eligible to purchase through TechSoup

http://www.techsoup.org/products/access-2013--LS-2505--

I'm working to implement a database to track memorial donations. Using the database from all branches is a requirement.

I am not familiar with Microsoft products. Do I need to purchase a license (CAL?) for any machine that is going to access the data? do I need to purchase a server version of the software? There is a reference to "Sharepoint" in the literature.

I apologize for my ignorance. Just trying to pull this off without breaking the law.
--

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County
tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us