[OPLINTECH] Dead DHCP and policies.

Tim Burns tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us
Sun Sep 22 07:47:45 EDT 2013

Dear Folks,

On Friday the server providing addresses to my public computer lab ("internet") died. I have configured a machine to replace the service.

Since it's untimely demise-- most of my CybraryN functionality is kaput. A few stations work as expected. A few others work once, and after the 1st patron logs out, no one else can log in. (sometimes not even after a reboot). Many stations insist I register CybraryN or quit.

I'm really thinking about quitting. (jk, that's a pun)

In the four hours I spent on Saturday- I realized there are numerous "policies" that have been created. I count less than 20 public stations on this network, so I am not sure why there are 48 policies. Someone perhaps was practicing. Further, I am not sure how or where to create or edit these policies. I think it necessary to do so on the Active Directory (AD) server. I also see Computer and User policies, and subsets of those. There is even a EZO Gov policy, which is noted "EPA" approved.

Anyway, I appreciate (in advance) tips and tricks to school me in this facet of computer management.

--

Tim Burns
Birchard Public Library of Sandusky County
tim.burns at birchard.lib.oh.us