[OPLINTECH] Changing the libraries wireless

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Apr 11 15:31:26 EDT 2014

Assuming you have some extra OPLIN IP's you could put a hub or switch between
the OPLIN router and the next device.
Cable to an Access Point, set it to one of the IP's and have it DHCP to the
wireless devices.
Of course this is really wide open, no CIPA, no monitoring, no real firewall.

Or cable to an isolated NIC on your firewall, if it has one.

We cable ours  to an Untangle virtual PC which connects to the BLUE zone of our
IPcop.
This allows serving a policy acceptance page, Dans Guardian (in IPcop) for CIPA,
some reporting and control via Untangle.
It also isolates the wireless from our internal network.

We also have the patron PC's connected direct to BLUE.

Email Signature

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library  <http://sunbury.cool-cat.org>
44 Burrer Dr.Map  <http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.243961,+-82.863007>