[OPLINTECH] Computer Upgrades

Dan Will willda at oplin.org
Fri Aug 22 12:41:36 EDT 2014

Fred,

    I have purchased nothing but All in Ones for the last 4 years (well with
the exception of laptops for a lab).  I have gotten several different HP
models, using the "best bang for the buck" model. They all have 4 gig of
memory and are 64 bit machines. I have not spent more than $750 on any of
them. The only issues that I have had are one failed DVD drive and 2 fans.
The fans can be a pain to change out but the DVD was very easy. I currently
have about 60 of them deployed in 4 locations. The major advantage to me is
the space savings. I no longer have to put computers on the floor where they
suck in dust bunnies, have water run under them, or patrons kick them.
Because of that our patrons have more leg room too.

Dan Will

Technology Supervisor
740.992.5813

The difference between fiction and non-fiction? ......

Fiction has to make sense.

Tom Clancy