[OPLINTECH] Computer Upgrades

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Aug 22 13:57:02 EDT 2014

To Ed's comment, Intel make the NUC, which is pretty much the same thing he
described. I forgot about that, but I actually prefer that to the
all-in-one solutions. I used an Intel NUC recently as the basis for a thin
client workstation. It worked very well for that, but I don't think the CPU
is powerful enough to run a full Win8x with the performance level I'd like
to see for my patron/staff computers. When the performance gets there,
though, this is the route I'll probably go as opposed to all-in-ones.
Probably a year or two away yet, though (for my tastes).

Mini-ITX is nice, but I'm constantly looking to get smaller without
sacrificing performance, flexibility, cost, etc.

*Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools*