[OPLINTECH] Subject: LearningExpress and new GED

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Jan 6 10:31:13 EST 2014

Some of you may have noticed that the LearningExpress Library page we've been using for years now shows a message at the top of the screen informing users that as of January 2, all old GED products have been removed and the new GED 2014 products are available on a new LearningExpress Library platform.

OPLIN has updated our "shortcut" links to LearningExpress so users now see a splash screen inviting them to register on the new (3.0) platform, but also providing a way to get to the old (2.0) platform. To access a tutorial, take a test, or download an ebook from the new platform, all users must register a personal account by providing their name and email address, and by creating a password. The email address will become the username and will also be used for password reset, if needed. Please note that all users must register as new users on the LearningExpress Library 3.0 platform; existing logins for LearningExpress Library 2.0 will not work on LearningExpress Library 3.0.

The LearningExpress 2.0 platform will not function after June 30, 2014, so users who have started tests, etc. in the old platform will have six months to complete them. Content on the LearningExpress Library 3.0 landing page is organized in Centers by subject area. Once on the site, users simply select one of the Center icons to begin exploring. Note that Workforce Skills for 21st Century Success is a separate product and contains different content, though the interface looks similar to the new LearningExpress Library.

Access to promotional materials can be found on the Administrator link in the lower right corner of the LearningExpress Library 3.0 landing page. The Administrator link is not password protected, so librarians and administrative staff may access it without logging in.

End-user product training videos can be accessed from any page on the site by simply clicking the Video Guides tab in the blue horizontal navigation bar. You do not need to login to view the videos.

LearningExpress also provides live open-registration webinars for librarians and administrative staff. To view the webinar calendar and to register, go to: http://learningexpressllc.com/support/webinars/home.cfm

If your library currently accesses LearningExpress Library through the library's own proxy, feel free to email OPLIN Support (support at oplin.org) for assistance with switching to the new platform.

Finally, we apologize for informing you of this change after it has already happened, but although we knew a change was coming, we had no notice before the change was actually made. As always, we will do our best to answer any questions you may have.

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org