[OPLINTECH] New Ohio Web Library search (test)

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Thu Jan 16 09:41:05 EST 2014

We've been making some changes to the current ohioweblibrary.org resource site, and invite you to take a look at the new version and let us know what you think could be improved.

The new test version is located at http://new.ohioweblibrary.org. Behind the scenes, we have changed the way we retrieve information from the databases, and we think it makes for a better and faster list of search results. Also you'll notice that a list of all the database targets appears after you enter a search term, so you can remove and add targets quickly and re-do your search if you want. Clicking on the name of a target takes you directly to their website.

We've also added a "preview" capability (the looking-glass icon after the article title) if you want to view the article without leaving the search website. Is that useful?

One big change is the inclusion of the Ohio Digital Library as a target, so ebooks are included in search results. Is this a good thing?

You can give us your comments by email, chat, or phone, just go to http://support.oplin.org.

Thanks!

--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org